4 May 2011

The final review of A Mystery/Suspense Collection:Sweet


Anne Patrick Is the final contributor in Victory Tales Press anthology A Mystery/Suspense Collection: Sweet
Anne's Bio:-
Anne Patrick is the author of more than a dozen novels of Romance, Mayhem & Faith, including the award-winning and best-selling Fire and Ash, Lethal Dreams and Sabotage. Her heroines are usually strong willed, witty, and often very opinionated…combinations that usually land them in situations where death seems imminent.

Anne has an alter ego by the name of Kinzie Monroe, who writes Inspirational Romance. Anne, you might say, is the dark side of Kinzie. Anne’s books may be darker in subject matter, but they all carry messages of hope and faith. Born and raised in Oklahoma, she now makes her home in Kansas. 

Blurb for Dangerous Deception:
Gwen Jacobs thrived on dangerous assignments, until the massacre of an African village. She is offered a chance at redemption by accompanying Jack Peterson and his small group of humanitarians to report on the atrocities taking place amidst a civil war. When her secrets are revealed, will she lose the only man she’s ever really loved?

Review: With this story, the publisher offers the reader yet another sharp contrast in story construction.
Ms. Patrick's no-nonsense,hard-hitting writing style presents flawed heroes and heroines, and it is no different in Dangerous deception.
Both Gwen Jacobs and Jack Peterson are 'in your face' from page one.
Into the mix she adds fully-formed secondary , plots, characters and conflicts that guarentee you will ignore all other committments until you finish reading the final page.
As ever, Ms. Patrick's  writing romps along at a pace that takes your breath away.  The fluency of her writing simply adds to the depths of her characters and their conflicts they encounter along the way.

The other contributing Authors:-
Miss Mae
Gerald Costlow
Cheryl Pierson
Buy Links:- HERE ~ HERE ~ HERE

4 comments:

Miss Mae said...

The opening sentence in this story was a grabber, I must say! Great line there, Anne. :)

Ms. Patrick is amazing with how she can draw the reader so realistically into another country, into the midst of war. It can get downright scary! I admired some of those characters for their courage in remaining behind, but with the way my toes curled, I knew if I'd been there, I'd been speeding to get out of Dodge!

Anne, I didn't release my breath until the plane lifted safety in the sky. :)

Anne Patrick said...

Sherry, thank you for all your wonderful comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the story and that I was able to take your breath away :).

Miss Mae, thank you for your comments as well.

You ladies have made my day!
Hugs,
Anne

Gerald Costlow said...

I was on the road so didn't have a chance to comment before this. Anne's story is perhaps the darkest in the anthology, and perfectly shows that even in the midst of tragedy, that most human of emotions--love--cannot be denied. A perfect ending to the quatro of stories, in my opinion.

Sherry Gloag said...

I'd judt like to add how much I appreciate you all coming by and adding your comments tothe reviews. I found it hard to convey my complete enjoyment of each story and the diversity of choice in the anthology without giving away too much information.:-)
I'm so glad you all chimed in with your additional comments.