28 November 2011

Amber Lea Easton tells us why she writes

Please welcome Amber Lea Easton today, when she tells us 'why she writes'.

 Why I write romance

I’m a firm believer in romance and love. Call me naive if you’d like or a Pollyanna if you choose, but there’s something about a happy ending that really lights up my world.

Let me tell you about my own love story. When I was twenty-seven, I met a tall, blond-haired, blue-eyed mountain boy named Sean. He swept me away from our first meeting and proposed to me only three weeks later after filling his apartment with wild flowers he’d picked along side the road. I said yes without hesitation.

My “yes” sent my friends into intervention mode. I was never the relationship type...and my friends knew this. I couldn’t care less about having a boyfriend, let alone getting married. Oh, I loved men, that’s true. Back in my twenty-something days, I had more guy pals than girlfriends. I was okay with being single. But Sean...wow...the man sent my nervous system into electrical overload.

Long story short--we married six months later and ended up having two gorgeous kids. Happily ever after, you ask? No. He died six years ago, leaving me a widow with two kids to raise solo.

I still love him.

So, you see, I write romance because I believe in true love, soulmates and passion. I know love exists. I also believe that, if you’re not in love with something whether it be your hobby, your life, your pets, yourself...if you’re not passionate about something...then what’s the point? Yes, I’m a widow who’s flying solo at the moment, but I love my writing, my kids, my pets, the view outside my window, my ability to laugh at myself...I love.

To me, love is all that matters at the dimming of the day...and that’s why I write romance novels.

Please come back tomorrow when Amber interviews Grace and Jonathon. 



Blurb:
Neck-deep in a set-up that could have him in jail or dead by Monday, Jonathan Alexander trusts no one in his inner circle. It’s Saturday. His only hope is Grace Dupont, the best forensic accountant in Miami. But there’s a glitch with that idea. She's also his ex-girlfriend who would rather watch him drown than throw him a life vest. Going to her feels desperate...because he is.

Grace enjoys seeing Jonathan squirm. On your knees boy, she thinks as he pitches for her help. Always a sucker for the dark-haired-blue-eyed boys, she risks her precariously balanced life of secrets to help him. Helping him slaps a target on her back--she's the key to proving his innocence and that's a bad, bad thing.

Trapped in whirlwind of conspiracy, murder, million dollar money trails and diamond smuggling, Jonathan and Grace flee to the sea to stall for time to prove his innocence. Romance sizzles beneath Florida Keys’ sunshine. Both scoff at happy endings. Both doubt justice. Both know each kiss could be their last.

Amber Lea Easton, author of Kiss Me Slowly available on
www.amazon.com and
http://www.bookstrand.com/kiss-me-slowly.
Follow Amber Lea on
Twitter as MtnMoxieGirl,
Facebook or her website at http://www.amberleaeaston.com

Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI89yCQHrHg

1 comment:

Amber Lea Easton said...

Thanks for hosting me, Sherry!