5 December 2011

Character Interview Series presents author Roxanne Kade

Character Interview from author Roxanne Kade

ALL AMBERLYN DARKSKY HAS EVER WANTED IS TO BE NORMAL. BUT WHAT IF NORMAL IS EVERYTHING SUPERNATURAL & LEGENDARY?

Hello, everyone. My name is Roxanne Kade and I am the author of THE BLOODY CRESCENT BOOK 1: THERIAN. Today it gives me great pleasure to introduce you to Amberlyn Darksky. When Amber received her acceptance letter to Cyprus Falls University, little did she know that her life would change forever. Vampires, werewolves and dark family secrets would soon lead her to her true destiny.

ROXY: Hello, Amber. Thank you for agreeing to meet with me today.

AMBER: *nods head slowly* Hello.

ROXY: The last few months have been anything but easy for you. How are you holding up?

AMBER: Um...Okay, I guess. I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to feel any more. So much has happened and so much has changed. I just have to take each day as it comes.

ROXY: Well, I'm sure things will get better. *reaches over and pats Amber's hand* Let us start from the beginning, shall we? For so many years Carmine kept you hidden on the family estate. Didn't you ever wonder why? Didn't you ever think that there was more to it than him just wanting to keep you safe?

AMBER: When I was younger, I guess I never knew any better. My father was my world and he made me believe that staying hidden was for my own protection. I never understood why until I was a little older. Carmine always used my "gift" as an excuse for keeping me from enjoying life. He said people would never accept me. That's when Guili and I started with the college applications. I had to show Carmine that I was as normal as anyone else. I never thought that there was something more to the story...

ROXY: This "gift" you speak of. Tell me more about it.

AMBER: Oh, I don't know. I really shouldn't speak about it.

ROXY: Come on! It's me, Roxy, you can tell me anything.

AMBER: *sighs* Okay, fine. I suppose it is the least of my problems at the moment...ever since I can remember, I've been able to see people's memories. And I feel every emotion that comes with those memories. It's a curse really.

ROXY: Are you crazy? That is an amazing gift to have. I can only imagine the things you have seen. What did you see when you touched me?

AMBER: Please, I'm really not in the mood to discuss this any further. Could we just move onto something else?

ROXY: Okay, okay *holds up hands* Tell us about Tayelon.

AMBER: *blushes uncontrollably* Next!

ROXY: Oh no! You're not getting off that easily. Tell us about the first time you ever saw him...you thought he was "smoking hot", right?

AMBER: Yeah, he was. He still is! The first time I saw him I lost all control of myself. I couldn't speak, I couldn't think. I thought my heart was going to literally leap from my chest! I couldn't stop staring into his eyes. Oh, he has the most gorgeous hazel eyes!

ROXY: Hmm, something tells me you don't hate him as much as you want us all to believe.

AMBER: But I do...I mean, after what he did, how could I not!?! He almost killed me! And even though he didn't kill Carmine, he played a major part in it. If only he had been honest with me from the beginning, maybe things would have ended differently.

ROXY: Can you really blame him though? Would it have made any difference if he had told you the truth from the start?

AMBER: Of course it would have. I accepted him for what he was and if he had told me about Carmine and the history with his family, perhaps I could have changed things. I needed answers. I needed Carmine to tell me the truth, but before I got that chance, Tayelon and the rest of the pack rushed in and killed him!

ROXY: Okay, but surely you can understand why they did that. Your father was an evil fiend after all.

AMBER: Yes, that's true. But he was still my father. How do I not hate Tayelon for taking him from me?

ROXY: Amber, I still get the sense that you love Tayelon. Do you?

AMBER: I...I...*squirms in her chair* I hate him, I do. But I can't stop thinking about him, and wanting him. My heart aches every time I think of him. *sighs* Loving and hating someone at the same time is too exhausting. It's driving me crazy.

ROXY: That brings me to the next question. Maghon Thomas of Abbeville, LA, wants to know if you'll ever be able to forgive Tayelon for the choices he made?

AMBER: I don't know...in a way I have. But I'll never forget what he did. He lied to me, hurt me in the worst possible way. I don't know if there's any way we could ever go back to what we were before. I'm just so confused at the moment. I don't know what to believe...all I wanted was to be normal...*holds head in hands and silently begins to sob*

ROXY: I think that is our cue to wrap things up. Join me again on December 15th when I will be chatting to *cups mouth with hand and whispers* Tayelon Cree, who will tell us his side of the story.

THE BLOODY CRESCENT BOOK 1: THERIAN

BLURB:
All Amberlyn Darksky has ever wanted is to be normal. But what if normal is everything supernatural and legendary?
Amber has never been ordinary. She has a gift, the ability to see memories through simple touch, and for her it’s a curse. Especially when she has to relive her mother’s death the night she was born, through her father’s eyes. Leading a sheltered life for years under his constant watch has her yearning for freedom and her acceptance into Cyprus Falls University gives her just that.
She is immediately plunged into a world of true love, heartache, seduction, and horror. With a deepening affection for Tayelon Cree, whose sparkling hazel eyes leave her breathless, and the undeniable allure of Lucard Colbaine, who seems to be immune to her gift, can she accept what either of them represent in her life? And what about the steely-eyed vampire who invades her dreams? When the blackouts and nightmares begin, Amber fears the pain that rips into her soul and threatens to destroy her. Before long she is faced with the truth of her destiny as well as the devastating secrets that surround the people she holds dearest; dark secrets that will truly change the course of her very existence. Amber doesn’t know if she has the strength to accept the hand fate has dealt her. She will have to fight as hard as possible to remain human while the beasts inside her rage to take over.

For more info on THE BLOODY CRESCENT BOOK 1: THERIAN go to http://www.48fourteen.com/catalog/therian or visit my BLOG at http://roxykade.blogspot.com

Join me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bloody-Crescent-Book-1-Therian/268069359875004
or follow me on Twitter - https://twitter.com/RoxyKade

You can buy your copy of THERIAN from the 48fourteen website, or from Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005WJC9HQ/
and B&N - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/therian-roxanne-kade/1106608381

Also, don't forget to enter the 48fourteen WIN A KINDLE FIRE COMPETITION - https://www.48fourteen.com/win-kindle-fire

No comments: