3 March 2012

Sweet Saturday Samples - I missed it!

Where does the time go to, these days?  Or am I getting more 'dittzy' by the day?  Now there's a frightening thought!

So why have I once again missed the wonderful Sweet Saturday Samples well, I'm not sure.  I've been no busier than usual, yeah I'm trying to work on three stories at once and find my characters gaily cruising through each other's stories, which is fine, except one of them is a Regency and the others are not!  What joy :-0

But that's no reason not to offer you something else instead, is it?  I keep talking about my wip Regency story, No Job For a Woman, so why don't I offer you a little snippet from that today?

Julian, (my hero) is rescuing two women from a burning building when tragedy strikes...

A sound, reminiscent of canon fire, did not give him time to escape the building as burning timbers rained down, pinning his legs just inside the doorframe.

Careful hands cradled him while others fought frantically to free his him. He didn’t hear the woman’s sobbing thanks.

Only Deborah’s voice filtered through his agony, kept him striving to hold on. Rough hands swept him off the ground and carried towards his wife’s home. The soft touch of her hand, wrapped round his, faded into the engulfing blackness.

10 comments:

Elaine Cantrell said...

Wow, this is intense! I can't wait for you to finish this one.

Patricia Kiyono said...

It's easy to forget details! I have to have lists, and then write notes to remind myself to look at the lists! Enjoyed your sample. A rescue scene is always exciting.

Jenna said...

Great snippet! Sounds like a wonderful book.

I make sure I don't miss signing up by subscribing to the site. That way I get sent an email each week when the link is posted and that helps me get in on time. Yeah, I missed your name on the link.

Sherry Gloag said...

:-) Elaine, thanks for coming over, even though I forgot to join and leave a link.

Sherry Gloag said...

:-) Patricia, thanks for taking time to come over. I was never a list person, now I seem to have lists of lists, and can never find the one I want!

Sherry Gloag said...

Thanks for coming over, Jenna. I've become someone who makes lists of lists and still can't find the one I want!

diannehartsock said...

This sample left me slightly breathless. Wow. Hope he wakes up okay. No broken legs! And did he save the women? Very nice excerpt. :)

Sherry Gloag said...

:-) Dianne, I think there will be changes to this scene, but the basics will stay the same. Thanks for hopping over, I appreciate it.

Unknown said...

Awww, I'm sorry you missed the Sweet Sat linky, but I'm so glad you teased us with a snippet of your WIP. Intense! I hope Julian is okay!

Sherry Gloag said...

Thanks for coming by Gwendolyn. He goes through the wringer a bit but in the end... LOL