15 October 2013

Picture Promt ~ Tuesday's Tales




Welcome to


Once again, many thanks to all those who drop by each week. I also appreciate, and often act upon comments and suggestions left.  Many thanks.

This week's snippet is from my paranormal WIP ~ He's My Husky


“I noticed some woods at the edge of town. Do you ever walk in there?”

“I used to with the dogs, not so much lately.” Emma reached out, hesitated then chose a chocolate chip cookie and began to nibble, keeping her eyes on him all the time.

Was the minx trying to seduce him? It wouldn’t work. Not yet, anyway. 

“Would you walk through them with me tomorrow?” He held her gaze and waited. When she remained silent, he continued. “Is it a popular place for walkers?”

“In the summer it is. Now? Not so much as the days are getting shorter and tomorrow…” her eyes twinkled with mischief. “Tomorrow the weathermen predicts heavy rain in this area.”

“A little rain has never put me off.” His voice earnest now, Max shifted on the settee; followed her action but choose a cupcake. Not that he was hungry but it gave him something to hold and hopefully hide his shaking hands. “We need to talk, but before we do, there are things you need to know.”

“We can do that here.”

True, he thought, but for what he wanted to show her the wide open space or even the confined space of woods would be preferable to possibly freaking her out in her own home. He shook his head.

“It’ll be better if we take this away from your home, so that if things don’t work out, there’ll be no association with me if you don’t like the outcome of our talk.”

“You’re scaring me, Max.”
 
 How could he blame her for feeling scared when he was facing the biggest challenge of his life and everything would rest on the outcome? “There’s nothing to be afraid of, I promise you,” he said, and hoped it would be the last lie he ever told her.

Thank you for reading this week's offering, there are
 lots more free reads at  Tuesday's Tales

12 comments:

Iris B said...

He's scaring me, too, and I can't wait to find out what it is he needs to tell her ... "in the open space" ... very intriguing!

Jean Joachim Books said...

Marvelous snippet! You've completely sucked me in and I have to know what he's going to show her on the walk. Beautifully crafted.

Lindsay said...

Now I'm getting scared. Wonder what he wants to talk to her about.

Sarah Cass said...

Sounds like one heck of a talk! I hope things work out...

SherryGLoag said...

Lol, Iris, I had such fun writing this story. I'm glad you enjoyed this. Thanks for coming by.

SherryGLoag said...

:-) Thanks Jean, I had so much fun with this story. Glad it's working for you.

SherryGLoag said...

Thanks Lindsay, I'm glad it worked for you.

SherryGLoag said...

LOL, Sarah, it was, believe me, it was!! Thanks for coming by.

Davee Jones said...

Hmm, he needs to draw her into the open for his reveal. I hope it is nothing that would hurt her, regardless if she accepts his truth or not. Very interesting and I'll enjoy finding out his secret.

SherryGLoag said...

:-) Davee, thanks for coming by.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, biting my nails in suspense. I'm dying to find out what he has to tell her away from the house. Great scene!

Unknown said...

I wonder what he needs to tell her.