8 February 2017

R. E. Mullins shares It’s A Wonderful Undead Life In Books Revisited

Today please welcome R. E. Mullins who is telling us about...

It’s A Wonderful Undead Life

First in the Blautsaugers of Amber Heights series

by R. E. Mullins

How my very first book came to be…
Working as a phlebotomist in a busy medical laboratory, I spent my days sticking needles into patients collecting blood. A couple of nights a week, I helped train budding phlebotomists at a local tech college. I was surrounded by blood. So it seems perfectly natural I would begin to wonder…What would happen if a phlebotomist was turned into a vampire?
A plot began to slowly weave its way through my mind. Since it was right around Thanksgiving several co-workers were already pulling out Christmas decorations. Everywhere I went or looked I felt bombarded by Christmas—and not always in a good way.
I noticed a commercial for the holiday classic, IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE, and for some reason it lingered in my mind. I started amusing myself with the question: What would happen if a down on her luck phlebotomist prayed for an angel and got a vampire instead?
Blurb:
It's been a rough couple of years for Cailey Kantor. Facing her first Christmas alone and bad financial news, she prays for an angel to fix her problems. Instead, a sadistic, sociopathic vampire, with the goal of starting a vampire war, attacks her and forces her to drink blood stolen from the Nosferatu Gabriel Blautsauger.
Gabe must complete Cailey's turning or she will die. In doing so he risks losing his yet unfound soulmate. But something about the lovely mortal speaks to his heart. Once her transformation is complete, he and Cailey find themselves embroiled in a battle that could cost them all they hold dear.
Faced with lies, abduction, and betrayal Cailey wonders if the vampire she is falling fangs over heart for is in it for love or if she's just a means to stop a war.
Excerpt:
     Cailey’s scrub top was gone, exposing her lacy bra, and she was in the process of stepping out of the drawstring pants. She glanced up, her gaze a bit wild. “Hurry. Hurry. I think I might explode from all this energy inside me. I feel like a popcorn maker and all the kernels are popping at once. So much pressure in here.” She dropped a hand to the juncture of her thighs and pressed it against her.

     “Cailey?” Gabe’s tone was an octave higher than normal. When she straightened up, clad only in her underwear, he gulped for air. “What are you doing?”

    “Getting ready, of course.” Holding her wadded up pants in front of her, she frowned at him. “I thought you said you knew what you were doing.”

     “I thought I did…” His voice trailed off, his gaze locked on Cailey’s tight body. How had he missed just how beautiful she was? Hidden beneath the baggy scrubs was a living miracle. He took in the slight swell of flesh above the lucky bra cupping her breasts, and his fingers itched to run down the indentation of her waist.

     She dropped the pants to the floor. “Come on. Come on, Gabe the Babe. I know all about when you were at university and all the female vamps used to chase you around and gloat if they made time with you.”

     “Ahem.” Gabe realized he had his sister to thank for this new conundrum. More than a bit leery, he asked, “What else did Metta tell you?”

     “That we’re both kind of like virgins.”

     “I beg your pardon?”

Print ISBN 978-1-61217-584-3 Digital ISBN 978-1-61217-585-0
 
Bio~ About Me
Born and raised in Joplin, Missouri, I've also resided in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Mt. Clemens, Michigan, Springfield, Missouri, and Colorado Springs, Colorado. Though I have loved each area, the Ozarks will always hold a special place in my heart and that’s why I set my fictional town of Amber Heights there.

Author side note: I gave my vampires the Blautsauger surname as it is an old Bavarian word for bloodsucker.

Buy links:  TheWildRosePress    Amazon   Kobo

Contact info: remullins.com
However, every once in a Christmas moon a rare and exciting thing happens - the gift that you didn't expect but is absolutely perfect. Finding R E Mullins was my unexpected Christmas gift this year!

It's a Wonderful Undead Life takes the best concepts and themes of the beloved Frank Capra holiday classic and completely reworks them for a creative and captivating read. Yes Virginia, it is another paranormal vampire series but happily one with truly unique features - it's own mythos and rules and an action packed story that the reader doesn't see coming
Grab yourself a cup of your favorite holiday cheer, a cozy chair and settle in for a not-too-long winter's read with It's a Wonderful Undead Life! May it be the surprise gift under your tree this year as well!
Review from Guilty Indulgence bookclub by J C Shanks

I loved this book. And I am not one to say that lightly. Fiona Tate

I purchased this book out of curiosity, I had never read a Paranormal Romance Novel before or for that matter anything Paranormal. I loved it! I couldn't put it down until it was finished and I purchased the next volume before I had finished the first.
Verified Amazon Purchaser

No comments: